Hello and Welcome! My name is Oy
I am originally from Thailand and now calling Melbourne home. I came to Melbourne to study Web Technology at RMIT. While I was studying, Melbourne streets scenery and people inspired me to get my first camera. I was shooting Melbourne streets photography for awhile. Then one day, I was asked to photograph a friend’s wedding. It didn’t take me long to realise this is what I love to do. And as simple as that, Oy Photography was born.
My shooting styles are photojournalistic blend with fine art portraiture. I document what happens before me as it unfolds. No awkward poses or anything that will make you feel uncomfortable. I love capturing how you are as a couple, you can just be yourself. I will lead you into beautiful light, create a space for you to have your moment as husband and wife and capture the love you have for each other unobtrusively. As I have shot many weddings, I will give you tips and tricks to help you with the planning process. I believe your wedding day should reflect who you are as a couple and I strongly encourage you to do it your way.
What I love most about wedding photography is the human connection and emotions that I get to capture into beautiful photographs. If my photos make you smile, it’s probably because I also smiled when I clicked the shutter. In every photos, part of it is storytelling and another part is my feelings toward those moments. I often cried at father and daughter dance and I always have a big smile behind the camera when shooting bride and groom portraits. Capturing the love is the privilege of being a wedding photographer. I believe it’s important that your wedding photos should not only tell you the story but also how you felt at that moment.
When I’m not shooting or editing, I love sitting at a local cafe with a book (I love good coffee!), walking at the park or scouting new locations I’ve never been!
FIND MY WORK FEATURED ON:
- Dan & Lauren’s Wedding, Mountain Goat Brewery – Ivory Tribe
- Dan & Lauren’s Wedding, Mountain Goat Brewery – Karen Willis Holmes
- Maggie & Richie’s Wedding, The International of Brighton – Easy Weddings
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Birthday Party – Kara’s Party Ideas
- Confetti themed First Birthday Party – Life’s Little Celebrations
- Aaron & Bianca’s Wedding, Wattle Park Chalet – Style Me Pretty
- Styled shoot with Miss Mooi – The Bridal Atelier
- Kelly & Sidney’s Wedding, Ascot House – Polka Dot Bride
- Desmond & Jeanie’s Engagement – Magnolia Rouge
- Akos & Boris’s Wedding, Tatra Reception – Style Me Pretty
- Old Fashioned Cocktail – Dunne With Style
- Bohemian Beach Wedding Styled Shoot – Polka Dot Bride
- Rowan & Beata’s Couple Session – Polka Dot Bride
- 1st Birthday Hot Air Balloon Theme – Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Zoe’s 5th Birthday Party – Hooray Magazine
- Australia’s Sweetest Morning Tea – Australia’s Sweetest Morning Tea
- Styled Shoot with Simply White Event – WHITE Magazine
- Manesh & Manjri’s Engagement – Polka Dot Bride
- Sam & Tatiana’s Wedding – Style Me Pretty
- Bridal Session – WHITE Magazine
“We are probably one of the most candid couples around and it was so important to us to have a photographer that could capture that, to tell the story of our wedding day. Oy and Will couldn’t have been a more perfect choice. Our wedding photos are a visual story of the emotions and moments that Oy managed to photograph so beautifully! Oy Photography was one of the best wedding decisions we made. Cannot thank you both enough for all the hard work on the day and delivery of our photos barely a month after the wedding!” // Nigel + Tanya
See more testimonials here – Client Love